Products to Avoid: Dove, Curel, Bath & Body Works, Victoria’s Secret, All Bar Soaps, Acne Products, Retinol or Fruit Acid Products. Scroll down for full instructions.
Need help before your tan?
- Moisturize your skin twice daily with a cream-formulated moisturizer, preferably organic.
- Exfoliate at least TWICE a week prior to your appointment. Use a washcloth and liquid organic soap.
- Schedule any waxing, manicures, or pedicures at least 48 hours before your appointment.
- Exfoliate your entire body using a non-oil exfoliant and a washcloth.
- When shaving, use a brand-new razor along with hair conditioner. I recommend Venus or Quattro razors. (Avoid shaving products containing alcohol or razors with moisturizing strips.)
- While showering, vigorously rub your skin with a washcloth and/or scrub, focusing on ankles, knees, and elbows. Afterward, towel off briskly.
- Apply a generous amount of organic cream-formulated moisturizer to your skin to moisturize heavily.
- Do not exfoliate or shave on the day of your tan.
- Shower at least 2 hours before your appointment with an approved body wash or simply rinse with water.
- Do not apply any products to your skin, including lotions, deodorants, or perfumes.
- After your shower, refrain from applying body oils, moisturizer, or deodorants to your skin, as this can create a barrier prior to tanning.
- Remember to bring small black underwear to wear during the tanning session.
- Also, bring flip flops or open-top shoes, along with dark, loose-fitting clothing to wear after the tan.
- Avoid wearing jeans, leggings, or tight yoga-style pants, as they may affect the tan's outcome.
- If you plan to wear shorts or a dress afterward, bring a large towel to place over your car seat to prevent staining.
- Your spray tan session will last five minutes, followed by a another five minutes for drying in front of a fan.
- Women may opt to go nude; we also provide disposable thongs and hair covers. Men are required to wear underwear.
- A technician will mix a special customized tan, which will be applied using an HVLP air gun.
- Wear dark, loose-fitting clothing until your first shower
- Do NOT apply any products to your skin (though powder, lipstick, and mascara are fine).
- Avoid exercise, swimming, or the use of a hot tub - basically no sweating before the first rinse.
- Shower with an approved body wash between 3-12 hours after your first rinse, depending on whether you chose the fast rinse product or the longer one.
- Make sure to shower with a warm water - rinsing with water only.
- Run your hands down your body until the water runs clear and then gently pat dry.
- Do not apply lotion or cream after the first shower.
- You will notice some color washing away from your skin, which is completely normal. This is merely the cosmetic bronzer.
- If you choose to sleep in your spray tan so that it can darken overnight, please wear pajama pants and a t-shirt to prevent any transfer of bronzer to your sheets and hands.
- Avoid vigorous scrubbing or rubbing in the shower or when towel drying; just pat dry.
- Moisturize twice daily with an approved cream-formulated moisturizer.
- If swimming or using a hot tub, apply water-resistant sunscreen, then rinse with fresh water.
- If you must shave within the first 48 hours, use a brand-new razor and hair conditioner.
- If a manicure or pedicure is necessary, opt for a polish change only; avoid exfoliation or heavy soaking.
- The longevity of your spray tan depends on the care you provide to your skin.