The week before your session:
- Moisturize your skin twice daily with a cream formulation moisturizer, preferably organic.
- Exfoliate at least TWICE the week prior to your appointment. Use washcloth and liquid organic soap.
- Schedule any waxing, manicures or pedicures at least 48 hours prior to appointment.
The day before your tan:
- Exfoliate your entire body with a non-oil exfoliant and washcloth.
- Shave with a brand-new razor and hair conditioner. I recommend Venus or Quattro. (avoid shaving products containing alcohol or razors with moisturizing strips) Rub skin briskly with a washcloth and/or scrub during shower, paying attention to ankles, knees, and elbows, and towel off briskly after shower. Moisturize heavily with an organic cream formulation moisturizer.
The day of your tan:
- Do not exfoliate or shave the day of your tan!
- Shower at least 2 hours prior to your appointment with an approved body wash or just rinse with water. Apply no products to your skin. No lotions, deodorants, or perfumes on your skin.
- Do not apply body oils, moisturizer or deodorants to skin after your shower. This can create a barrier on your skin prior to tanning.
- Bring small black underwear to be tanned in, flip flops or open top shoes as well as dark loose fitting clothing for after tan. No jeans/leggings/tight yoga style pants as these may affect the outcome of your tan.
- Bring a large towel to place over your car seat to avoid staining them if wearing shorts/dress after.
During your session:
- Your spray tan session will last 5 minutes and you will take another 5 minutes to dry in front of a fan.
- Women may go nude, disposable thongs are also provided as well as hair covers. Men must wear underwear.
- Special customized tan will be mixed and applied by an air gun by technician.
For the next 3-8 hours after your tan:
- DO Wear dark, loose-fitting clothing until your first shower.
- DO NOT apply any products to your skin. (Powder, lipstick, & mascara are fine!).
- DO NOT exercise, swim, or hot-tub. No sweating before first rinse.
- Shower with an approved body wash 3-12 hours after your first rinse. Depending if you chose the fast rinse product or the longer one.
- DO shower with a Warm Water Rinse Only. Run your hands down your body until the water runs clear. Pat dry. No lotion or cream after first shower.
- You will see some color wash away from your skin. This is completely normal. It is just the cosmetic bronzer.
- If you choose to sleep in your spray tan so that it darkens overnight, please sleep in pj pants and a tee top to avoid transfer of any bronzer to your sheets and hands.
Maintaining your Tan:
- Avoid vigorous scrubbing or rubbing in shower or when toweling dry (just pat dry).
- Moisturize Twice Daily with an approved cream formulation moisturizer.
- If swimming or hot-tubbing, apply water-resistant sunscreen, and rinse with fresh water.
- If you must shave in the first 48 hours, use a brand-new razor and hair conditioner.
- If you are getting a manicure or pedicure, polish change only, no exfoliation or heavy soaking!
- The life of your spray tan depends on the care you take of your skin.